St. Petersburg International Housing Congress
The largest business event in real estate in a B2B format took place in Saint Petersburg from 8 until 12 October. According to tradition, the political and business elite of the majority of Russia’s regions took part in the event, together with delegates from the former Soviet Union and beyond.
The Congress schedule covered all main topics of the real estate market:
- the development of residential construction in Russia;
- the real estate business;
- state-run housing programmes;
- the foreign real estate market;
- the market for countryside and low-rise housing;
- legislation in the area of credit for real estate, construction and housing;
- protection of the rights of a real estate buyer;
- professional education and training of the workforce on the real estate market;
- information resources and technologies on the real estate market, etc.
Maya Petrova, Partner and Head of the Real Estate & Construction Practice at Borenius Russia, took part in the conference: “Aparthotels: investments, marketing and classification” on 11 October. She gave a speech on the classification of aparthotels and the need to obtain a star rating.