Owners and top managers of Russian companies: risks and liability
On November 28, 2018, in Helsinki office Borenius Russia hosted a business breakfast for top managers and lawyers of the largest Finnish companies operating in the Russian Federation or considering entering the Russian market.
The main issues of discussion were:
- Wider circle of potentially liable persons
- Court approach to controlling persons’ actions
- A dormant company – any risks?
- Top managers’ personal liability for corporate taxes
- Typical tax offences leading to personal liability
- Usual suspects: who can be held liable
- Conducting investigation in Russia & CIS
The speakers of business breakfast were Andrei Gusev, Managing Partner, Borenius Russia; Alexey Nikitin, Specialist Partner, Head of the Transactions & Corporate Law practice, Borenius Russia; Anna Zabrotskaya, Counsel, Head of the Dispute Resolution practice, Borenius Russia. Alexander Khaki, Executive Director of CSI Group, was the guest speaker of the event.