“Russia’s Best Legal Departments 2019” / Legal Insight
On 18 June at Rose Bar in the centre of Moscow, the awards ceremony took place for the winners of the “Russia’s Best Legal Departments 2019” competition. In the hunt for victory across eleven categories were 65 participating legal departments from Russia’s leading companies.
The winners were:
- in the ‘Effective interaction with business units of the company’ category — United Breweries Heineken, Legal and Compliance Director Tatiana Odobashian
- in the ‘Automatization of legal work’ category — VimpelCom, Executive Vice President – Legal & Corporate Affairs Victor Biryukov
- in the ‘Effective management of legal and compliance risks’ category — United Breweries Heineken, Legal and Compliance Director Tatiana Odobashian
- in the ‘Effective management of real estate category’ — Gazpromneft Center, Deputy General Director for Legal, Corporate and Property Matters Maria Abramova
- in the ‘Effective Management of Intellectual Property’ category — MTS, Member of the Management and Vice-President for Corporate and Legal Affairs Ruslan Ibragimov
- in the ‘Effective Management of Distressed Assets’ category — RUSAL, General Counsel and Head of Legal Anton Yegorov
- in the ‘Effective corporate management’ category — Gazprom Energoholding, Deputy General Director and Director for Corporate and Property Matters Albert Bikmurzin
- in the ‘Effective litigation’ category — Nizhekamskneftekhim, Head of the Legal Department Aidar Sultanov
- in the ‘Best legal project’ category — Rusatom Overseas, Vice-President of Legal Support for International Business Activities and Head of the Department Mikhail Rassokhin
- in the ‘Best team’ category — BIOKAD, Head of Legal Danila Streltsov
- the ‘Expert Board’s Special Commendation’ award — X5 Retail Group, General Counsel Ekaterina Lobacheva
Anna Zabrotskaya, Head of our Dispute Resolution Practice, and Arina Dovzhenko, Counsel in our Real Estate & Construction Practice, took part in the awards ceremony. They had the honour of congratulating the legal department from United Breweries Heineken on its victory in the ‘Effective management of legal and compliance risks’ category.
The “Russia’s Best Legal Departments 2019” competition is an annual competition for teams in the legal divisions of Russian companies. The competition is held to ensure public recognition of the professional success of corporate lawyers in general and individual practitioners in particular. It aims to identify and disseminate best practice in organizing legal services and managing legal risks among Russian companies, to unite the professional legal community, and to raise the overall level of the significance and status of the legal profession.
The program and the report you can find here (in Russian)