Green technologies in manufacturing / Sobaka.ru
A green-technologies-based transformation of manufacturing processes and business models could provide long-term solutions for environmental problems. Businesses, regulators and the public need to forge a partnership to successfully implement closed-cycle economy projects. The steady trend toward responsible consumption in society forces all parties in the chain, from production to sale of a product to the end consumer, to think about whether manufacturing processes use the best available technologies in terms of the environment.
Industrialization is accompanied by much greater negative impact on the environment. A hot topic for the Russian Federation is reducing industry’s natural resource intensity. Does companies’ eco-status affect the investment prospects of the regions where they are located? Can the adoption of green technologies become another economic tool to control manufacturing efficiency? Experts discussed these and other issues at a conference organized by Sobaka.ru magazine on November 12, 2020. The purpose of the conference was for major manufacturing companies to exchange experience of how to make production more environmentally friendly, promote and replicate profitable eco and energy efficient technologies.
The conference was held in a hybrid format: the speakers gathered in person and guests were able to view online. Speakers included:
- Mikhail Vasilenko, Chair, National Union of Waste Management Operator Self-Regulating Organizations
- Nikita Bondarenko, Head of the Environmental Monitoring Division of the St. Petersburg Committee for Use of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection and Environmental Safety
- Arina Dovzhenko, Specialist Partner, Borenius Russia
- Evgeniya Kuznetsova, Director of the Ecological Union certification authority, lead expert of the Vitality Leaf system
- Evgeny Teslya, General Director, EST Group
- Natalia Malashenko, Manager, Communications, Russia, UPM
- Pavel Mikhailov, Director, Nature Management Directorate, Vodokanal St. Petersburg State Unitary Enterprise
- Evgeniya Falkova, Corporate Affairs Director at Danone West, Russia
- Evgeniya Ivanova, Director for Ecology, Baltika Brewery LLC