Anna Zabrotskaya is a Counsel, Attorney-at-Law, Head of Dispute Resolution and Fashion & Lux at Borenius Russia.
She represents Russian and foreign companies in Russian courts of all levels and advises clients on a range of aspects of civil and commercial litigation.
Anna specializes in: disputes related to real estate and construction, and disputes with state authorities, including antimonopoly disputes; challenging transactions; recovering debts and damages; and representing creditors in bankruptcy proceedings. Besides the above, Anna represents clients in disputes related to intellectual property and defamation cases.
She represents clients in international arbitration institutes (the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Russian Federation Chamber of Commerce (ICAC) and the Maritime Arbitration Commission (MAC)), as well as in Russian arbitral tribunals, and handles cases involving the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and court judgments.
Anna was named “Lawyer of the Year” in St. Petersburg in the field of Insolvency and Reorganization Law by the international ranking publication Best Lawyers.
Since 2012, Anna has been a member of the St. Petersburg Bar Association.
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law (recognized since 2013, Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Arbitration and Mediation (2020)
- Counsel, Borenius Russia, 2016 – Present
- Associate – Senior Associate, Borenius Russia, 2013 – 2016
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, St. Petersburg, 2010 – 2013
- Trainee, Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP, London, November 2011 – December 2011
- Paralegal, Mannheimer Swartling, St. Petersburg, 2008 – 2010
- Intern, Chadbourne & Parke LLP, St. Petersburg, 2007 – 2008
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, advanced course in Civil Law, 2014, Russia
- Legal professionals exchange programme organized by the Ministry of Justice of the Russian Federation and Brick Court Chambers, 2011, London, UK
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Master’s Degree in Law, 2010, Russia
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Bachelor’s Degree in Law, 2008, Russia
- Russian, English, Italian
- International Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association