Artem Zhavoronkov is a Specialist Partner at Borenius Russia. Artem specialises in corporate, antitrust, banking and financial law, as well as cross-border M&A transactions. Over the past 27 years, Artem has taken a hands-on role in providing legal support for international transactions, representing a wide range of foreign and Russian clients from various business sectors. These have included social networks, software development, telecommunications, direct investments, financial institutions, the motor industry, oil & gas, the iron & steel industry, food products, as well as development and construction.
Artem has advised certain major investment and international banking institutions on the structuring of complex transactions. He was engaged in drawing up draft legal documents and undertook general management of the entire process of transaction support.
In 2014, Artem was one of the pioneers in Russia who became closely involved in compliance and sanctions regulation. In the context of this practice, he advises Russian and international companies on corporate governance, as well as the structuring of beneficial ownership and contractual relationships with foreign counterparties in order to identify and mitigate risks from sanctions.
- General Business Law – St. Petersburg (Band 2: 2011-2021)
Chambers | 2021
Artem Zhavoronkov assists international corporates with Russia-related transactions. He also acts on corporate restructuring mandates.
Chambers Europe | 2020
“He has been extremely responsive and his turnaround time is impressive. You can always trust urgent matters to him.”
The Best Lawyers
- Banking and Finance Law (2014 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2018)
- Corporate Law (2009 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2014-15)
- Litigation (2010 – 2022)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2009 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2016)
- Real Estate Law (2010 – 2022, Lawyer of the Year 2010)
The Legal 500
- Corporate/M&A: St Petersburg and elsewhere (2011 – 2021)
Pravo.ru – 300
- Corporate/M&A federal rating (2020)
- Corporate/M&A regional rating (2020)
- Specialist Partner, Borenius Russia, 2019 – Present
- Partner, Dentons (formerly Salans), St. Petersburg, 2007 – 2018
- Counsel, Salans, St. Petersburg, 2002 – 2006
- Lawyer and Head of the St. Petersburg office, Beiten Burkhardt Law Offices, formerly KPMG Beiten Burkhardt), 1996 – 2002
- Head of Legal Department, MezhComBank, St. Petersburg, 1995 – 1996
- In-house Lawyer – Moscow Business Bank, St. Petersburg, 1992 – 1995
- Intern – Industry & Construction Bank of St. Petersburg, 1990 – 1992
- Heidelberg University and Regensburg University, Legal training courses on comparative criminal and civil law, 1992, Germany
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, 1992, Russia
- Russian, English
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- St. Petersburg International Business Association (SPIBA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Chamber of Commerce in St. Petersburg, AmCham Executive Committee member (2014-2016)