Maya Petrova has been a Specialist Partner since September 2013 and is the Head of the Real Estate & Construction Practice at Borenius Russia.
Maya assists international and domestic companies on local and cross–border real estate investment projects (including green– and brownfield developments) and project financing transactions, including warranty obligations.
She has vast experience in the legal aspects of urban planning regulations, in matters relating to the design, construction, commissioning and real estate facilities, as well as in liaising with state authorities in the course of administrative procedures related to development and construction. Besides the above, Maya advises on M&A transactions, including legal due diligence and advice on structuring.
Maya also represents clients in state commercial courts and courts of common jurisdiction, as well as in commercial arbitration tribunals. She acts as an expert on issues relating to real estate and construction in Russia in international arbitration proceedings, including in the City of Helsinki.
- General Business Law: Real Estate in St. Petersburg (Tier 1: 2015 – 2019)
Chambers Europe | 2018
“Maya Petrova is widely regarded as one of the best real estate specialists in St Petersburg. She acts on commercial real estate projects including M&A and construction mandates. She gives concise comments and recommendations and explains the specifics of how each would affect our business.”
- Corporate Law (2013 – 2019)
- Planning (2012 – 2019)
- Real Estate Law (recognized since 2013, Lawyer of the Year 2017)
- Construction Law (recognized since 2013, Lawyer of the Year 2014-15)
- Land Use and Zoning Law (2013 – 2019)
- Real Estate & Construction (Outstanding lawyer 2014 – 2019)
- Specialist Partner, Borenius Russia, 2013 – Present
- Counsel, Borenius Russia, February 2013 – September 2013
- Counsel, Mannheimer Swartling, St. Petersburg, 2011 – 2013
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, St. Petersburg, 2008 – 2011
- Associate, Pepeliaev, Goltsblat and Partners, St. Petersburg, 2007 – 2008
- Lawyer, Managing Company FREMM, St. Petersburg, 2006 – 2007
- In–house Lawyer, Balt–Trade Oil Company, St. Petersburg, 2002 – 2006
- Lawyer, Advocate FREMM, St. Petersburg, 1998 – 2001
- Hanken School of Economics, Executive MBA, 2015, Finland
- St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Law, Law Degree, 1998 – 2001, Russia
- St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University, Master of Engineering Sciences, 1990 – 1996, Russia.
- Russian, English
- Guild of Managers and Developers (GUD)
- St. Petersburg International Business Association (SPIBA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)