Vera is an Associate in the Intellectual Property and Information Technology practice at Borenius Russia. She is a Ph.D. in Law, as well as a Russian patent attorney for trademarks, appellations of origin, computer programs, databases and integrated circuit topologies.
Her areas of expertise include personal data protection legislation in Russia and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), advising and supporting B2B and B2C e-commerce, legal support for international IT service companies, preparing legal opinions on the regulation of new technologies, developing and implementing intellectual property protection strategies, and protecting intellectual property rights.
Vera has extensive experience in transactional support and due diligence of intellectual property assets, preparing intellectual property agreements, including licensing, franchising and divestiture agreements, supporting registration actions, filing to have intellectual property items included in the customs register, handling advertising and unfair competition issues, and representing clients in intellectual property protection disputes.
Pravo.ru – 300
- Intellectual Property (Including Disputes) regional rating (2020)
- Associate, Borenius Russia, St. Petersburg, 2019 – Present
- Senior Associate, Law firm Gorodissky and Partners, 2018 – 2019
- Senior Lecturer, The Russian State University of Justice, 2017-2019
- Associate, Law firm Gorodissky and Partners, 2012 – 2018
- Paralegal, Law firm Gorodissky and Partners, 2009 – 2012
- National Research University Higher School of Economics, training program “Data protection under GDPR”, 2020, Moscow, Russia
- Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent), Specific commercial and regulatory aspects of the circulation of medicines against the backdrop of protecting intellectual rights, 2020, Moscow, Russia
- Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property Rights, professional training for patent attorney candidates, 2016, Moscow, Russia
- Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property Rights, postgraduate studies, PhD in law, 2016, Moscow, Russia
- Nizhny Novgorod State Commercial Institute, Nizhny Novgorod, Faculty of Law, Lawyer, 2009, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- Russian, English
- St. Petersburg Bar of Patent Attorneys