Borenius Russia helps the clients to resolve matters concerning the regulation of new technologies, personal data, e-commerce. Our experience in cross-cultural communications, knowledge of the differences between American, European and Russian legal rules, and excellent contacts with law firms in most countries across the globe enable us to handle a task with great precision and to arrange for it to be resolved regardless of the geographical scope of the project. We understand our clients’ business and culture, meaning that we and they speak the same language.
Areas of Expertise
- Advising clients on compliance with Russian personal data legislation and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Preparing legal opinions on how the use of cryptocurrencies, big data, the internet of things (IoT), virtual, augmented and mixed reality, artificial intelligence (AI) and other new technologies is regulated
- Assisting in streamlining the terms of business with suppliers of IT services, hardware and software; and assistance in amending the terms and conditions of existing contracts
- Advising in the sphere of cloud calculations, providing legal support in B2B and B2C e-commerce, and advising international IT service companies.
- Represented a foreign company investing in a Russian developer of nanotechnology products, participated in negotiations with partners, including when subsidies were raised, and when investment, corporate and supply agreements were concluded
- Provided ongoing advice to a Silicon Valley company engaged in the development of medical devices and software on compliance with personal data legislation
- Conducted due diligence of compliance with personal data legislation by a leading Finnish producer of dairy products
- Provided assistance in complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to a company engaged in the video games industry that processes the personal data of over 40 million users in more than 100 countries around the globe
- Provided legal support in an acquisition of the business of a Russian distributor, including the transfer of a large volume of valuable confidential information, to a Taiwan-headquartered producer of network appliances whose products are sold in over 150 countries
- Provided legal assistance to a US developer of data management solutions on how it should set up its R&D department in Russia
Pravo – 300
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications, Federal ranking (Group 3: 2018, Group 2: 2019, Group 3: 2021)